Take Giants in Game #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take Giants in Game #1

Bumgarner has had the usual 4 days of rest in between his last two starts. (October 11th and 16th)

Shields has not started a game since October 10th. He will be working on 11 days of rest. Way too many. Will not be sharp.

Love for SF to steal the first game with Bumgarner in rhythm, and a weak KC line-up facing him for the first time.

Re: Take Giants in Game #1

Also take note that each team's starting pitcher for Games 2, 3, and 4 will be working on a minimum of 10 days of rest. Add that to the normal World Series jitters that all starters face, and the edge should go to SF with experienced pros like Peavy and Hudson going in Games 2 and 3.

Comment

I'm agreeing that Bumgarner is a great matchup v Shields game 1 but I'm not sleeping easy with Peavy starting.gl.

Comment

What's weak about KC's lineup?

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMyu View Post
          They hit the fewest home runs in the American League.
          But they just beat the team that hit the most.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMyu View Post
            Perhaps I mis-spoke. KC is not nearly as good a hitting team as the Orioles, Tigers, or Angels. (I know....KC is in the WS, and those other teams are not). The Royals are more like a traditional NL team, and they will be facing a traditional NL team that has two World Championships in the last four years, playing the kind of ball that KC plays. The Giants will play it better than KC will under the pressure of the World Series.

JMO.

Comment

Working...
            X