In The Dugout. World Series Game 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In The Dugout. World Series Game 7

Hard to believe another season is coming to a close tonight.
    Once again my Cubs have to wait until next year and my Tigers underachieved.

I'm going to add in the umpire for this game.
    But please note. Being this is game 7 and the final game of the season. It will be all hands on deck.
    Hudson gives up a run or two early. The Giants could trot out Bumgarner. Same with the Royals.
    There is no script for this. So buyer beware with the info posted in here.

No matter who wins tonight. I think a lot of people had the feeling this would go the full 7.
    Not sure there are many people that seen this match up coming back in April or September.
    I don't think you cant lose either way as a Royals fan. You got a young team that if handled right could put together return trips to this spot.

The Giants could end up back here again. As I believe they have a first ballot hall of fame manager.

Re: In The Dugout. World Series Game 7

Jeff Nelson 32 19-13 7.59 279 178 101 63.7 14.7 5.3 2.75 1.66 11-19

Last 10 Games overall = 6-4 Under / 6-4 Home.

Last 10 With San Francisco = 4-5 / 5-3-1 Over

Last 10 W/ Kansas City = 4-6 / 5-4-1 Under

VS. TIM HUDSON(R)

04/02/12 ATL 2 - NYM 8 T. Hudson B. Parnell -170/- Road -
    09/23/11 WAS 4 - ATL 7 S. Strasburg T. Hudson 102/6.5 Road O
    09/22/05 ATL 0 - PHI 4 T. Hudson J. Lieber -137/8.5 Road U
    04/07/05 MIA 2 - ATL 4 A. Burnett T. Hudson -113/7.5 Road U
    04/06/03 OAK 7 - LAA 6 T. Hudson J. Lackey -160/8.5 Home O
    10/11/01 NYY 0 - OAK 2 A. Pettitte T. Hudson -120/8 Road U
    05/15/01 OAK 3 - NYY 2 T. Hudson R. Clemens 100/8.5 Home U
    VS. JEREMY GUTHRIE(R)

04/23/10 BOS 4 - BAL 3 J. Lester J. Guthrie -210/8.5 Home U

Comment

I don't see any edge here with the umpire.
      This is a game that is really hard to handicap. You for the most part are breaking down a game that has never happened before.
      If you believe the print media. Madison could possible pitch 2 or 3 innings.
      Now if Hudson scuffles along through the first 3 or 4 innings. Will Bruce call on his ace to get him to the 6th or 7th ?
      Will the Royals do the same thing ?

We also have no idea how the starters will work in relief and on short rest. Should they be called upon.

Bottom line.
      With the numbers I use this is a pass for me.

Comment

Head to Head

• Over is 4-0 in the last 4 meetings in Kansas City.
        • Over is 5-2 in the last 7 meetings.
        • Giants are 3-8 in the last 11 meetings.
        • Giants are 1-7 in the last 8 meetings in Kansas City.

Umpire Trends - Jeff Nelson

• Home team is 5-0 in Nelsons last 5 Wednesday games behind home plate vs. Kansas City.
        • Home team is 5-1 in Nelsons last 6 games behind home plate vs. Kansas City.
        • Under is 4-1 in Nelsons last 5 interleague games behind home plate.
        • Royals are 4-1 in their last 5 interleague games with Nelson behind home plate.
        • Under is 4-1 in Royals last 5 interleague games with Nelson behind home plate.
        • Home team is 4-1 in Nelsons last 5 interleague games behind home plate vs. Kansas City.
        • Under is 4-1 in Nelsons last 5 interleague games behind home plate vs. Kansas City.
        • Road team is 6-2 in Nelsons last 8 games behind home plate vs. San Francisco.
        • Under is 5-2 in Nelsons last 7 games behind home plate.
        • Over is 5-2-1 in Nelsons last 8 games behind home plate vs. San Francisco.
        • Home team is 12-5 in Nelsons last 17 games behind home plate.
        • Royals are 1-4 in their last 5 games with Nelson behind home plate.

Comment

I agree this is basically a coin flip game. I have believed all along that the Royals were a team of destiny. Now we arrive at game 7 and I have changed my stance. In a game where so many key decisions will need to be made I will gladly take Bochy (best manager in MLB in my opinion) over Ned Yost at +money. Last night I was thrilled to hear Harold Reynolds expose my "signature total" theory. He mentioned how the Royals having faced Yusmeiro Petit just recently allowed them to hit him hard, even though the other time he faced them he was absolutely dominant. Not making a big play, just a little action play. I also noticed almost every single handicapper in the service plays was drooling on themselves ready to take the Royals after last night's destruction.
          "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Go Giants!

Comment

Originally posted by jumperjack View Post
              I agree this is basically a coin flip game. I have believed all along that the Royals were a team of destiny. Now we arrive at game 7 and I have changed my stance. In a game where so many key decisions will need to be made I will gladly take Bochy (best manager in MLB in my opinion) over Ned Yost at +money. Last night I was thrilled to hear Harold Reynolds expose my "signature total" theory. He mentioned how the Royals having faced Yusmeiro Petit just recently allowed them to hit him hard, even though the other time he faced them he was absolutely dominant. Not making a big play, just a little action play. I also noticed almost every single handicapper in the service plays was drooling on themselves ready to take the Royals after last night's destruction.

This is exactly why I have played the Giants tonight! Good luck to all!
              "The ban on sports betting does exactly what Prohibition did, it makes criminals rich!"

Comment

I bet the Royals to win the series before it began so i will have no other bet tonight.

Like Gamer said, a good bunch of young talent in KC. Hopefully this is not a once in twenty year thing. Being a Royal fan, I have really enjoyed the past few weeks. And I have decided it was ok to trade Wil Myers. Don't think they would've made it this far without that trade. That said i will be in my blue shirt wearing their cap and enjoying a beverage Tonight.

GO Royals

Comment

Originally posted by illini23 View Post
                  I bet the Royals to win the series before it began so i will have no other bet tonight.

Like Gamer said, a good bunch of young talent in KC. Hopefully this is not a once in twenty year thing. Being a Royal fan, I have really enjoyed the past few weeks. And I have decided it was ok to trade Wil Myers. Don't think they would've made it this far without that trade. That said i will be in my blue shirt wearing their cap and enjoying a beverage Tonight.

GO Royals
                  Enjoy the game tonight.
                  I think your Royals will be able to contend for years if they keep that bullpen and the line up intact.
                  So what if Shields leaves. No matter the final score tonight. There are teams with deeper pockets that need a top of the rotation guy.
                  I think you already have the guy to replace him and he pitched last night.

Comment

Takin under 7 and Giants Gamer.

Comment

Working...
                    X