X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Betting Info. 1/16

StatFox Super Situations

NBA | MILWAUKEE at CHARLOTTE
    Play Under - Home teams where the total is greater than or equal to 200 after going under the total by 18 or more points total in their last three games, with a winning percentage of between 45-55% on the season
    71-34 over the last 5 seasons. ( 67.6% | 33.6 units )
    11-8 this year. ( 57.9% | 2.2 units )

NBA | MILWAUKEE at CHARLOTTE
    Play Against - Home teams vs. the money line (CHARLOTTE) after beating the spread by more than 24 points in their previous game, with a losing record
    39-22 over the last 5 seasons. ( 63.9% | 26.5 units )

NBA | BROOKLYN at ATLANTA
    Play Under - Home teams where the first half total is greater than 100 good shooting team (45.5-47.5%) against an poor defensive team (45.5-47.5%), good ball handling team (<=14.5 TO's) against a poor pressure defensive team (<=14.5 TO's)
    46-18 over the last 5 seasons. ( 71.9% | 26.2 units )
    2-1 this year. ( 66.7% | 0.9 units )

Re: NBA Betting Info. 1/16

Preview: Bucks (16-25) at Hornets (18-20)

Date: January 16, 2016 7:00 PM EDT

The Charlotte Hornets and Milwaukee Bucks are both at .500 in the second game of back-to-back sets, and key players for both logged major minutes in game one.

Fatigue will be a factor Saturday night when the Hornets look to defeat the visiting Bucks for the ninth time in 10 matchups.

Charlotte (18-21) has split six second games of back-to-back sets and Milwaukee (17-25) has split 10 after grueling affairs for both Friday. The Hornets fell 109-107 at New Orleans while the Bucks won 108-101 in overtime at home over Atlanta.

Kemba Walker and Nicolas Batum, the Hornets' top scorers, each had 25 points and played over 40 minutes. That won't be a good enough reason to Batum if Charlotte, loser of eight of nine, falters Saturday.

"We got no excuses," Batum said. "We're both on back-to-back, we're going to be at home, so again, no excuses, gotta come back on the court and be ready to go right from the start."

Giannis Antetokounmpo logged more than 50 minutes Friday for Milwaukee for the second time in his career, though he said afterward that he felt fine after finishing with 28 points and a career-high 16 rebounds.

Khris Middleton scored 26 points in a season-high 45 minutes while point guard Michael Carter-Williams had 15 points, nine boards and seven assists in 41 minutes. Tyler Ennis was the only guard available to back up Carter-Williams since Jerryd Bayless missed his sixth straight game with a sprained left ankle and O.J. Mayo sat out after aggravating a left hamstring injury.

Middleton has played at least 40 minutes in three straight games.

"Most of the starters' minutes have been around that all year, at least the last couple games so it wasn't a concern," Middleton said.

Of more concern to him is the increasing amount of double-teams he is seeing since he is averaging 23.3 points in his last six games along with 5.0 assists.

"I just gotta accept it and try to get off and make a play for my team," Middleton said. "They're trying to take the ball out of my hands with double teams, that means somebody else is going to be open. I've gotta be unselfish and trust my teammates."

The Hornets' depth is also being tested as they play without big man Al Jefferson. Guard Jeremy Lamb sat out Friday with a toe injury.

Rookie Frank Kaminsky came up big with 18 points on 7-of-9 shooting against the Pelicans.

"He showed that he can be in this league, he's not a rookie," Batum said. "He's not a rookie for us, he can play."

Charlotte continued its dominance in this series with an 87-82 home victory Nov. 29. Walker scored 22 for the Hornets, who held the Bucks to their second-lowest point total.

Middleton scored 19 and Greg Monroe had 17 points and 10 rebounds that night. Monroe has four straight double-doubles, averaging 20.3 points and 11.5 rebounds.

The Bucks, 5-18 on the road, are opening a four-game trip.

"We've gotta face some great teams on the road so to get a couple of these on the road would be good for us to get us rolling," Middleton said.

Comment

Preview: Celtics (20-19) at Wizards (18-19)

Date: January 16, 2016 7:30 PM EDT

The last time the Washington Wizards reached the .500 mark, they immediately dropped five of six and fell into another hole.

They can move over the break-even mark for the first time in more than seven weeks Saturday night, though they have a tough task in hosting a Boston Celtics club that has trounced them twice.

Washington (19-19) matched its highest scoring effort of the season with Friday's 118-104 victory at Indiana. John Wall had 28 points, eight assists and seven rebounds, and Bradley Beal came off the bench for 22 points.

The Wizards last had a winning record when they were 6-5 going into a loss at Charlotte on Nov. 25. They last were at .500 after a four-game run Dec. 26 but quickly fell four under the break-even mark six games later.

"Hopefully the team is not talking about it and we don't talk about it, me personally about being at .500 and trying to get above," Wall said. "Every time we do that, we end up going on a losing streak and going three or four games below."

Beal has played twice since missing 16 games with a stress reaction in his lower right leg. His minutes are being restricted and he logged just under 22 against the Pacers, making 9 of 15 shots.

"It was just me getting into my rhythm," Beal said. "Because I knew I was on limited minutes so I've got to be as aggressive as I can at the time that I have."

Wall's 31 minutes were the most on the team, as the Wizards scored a season-high 67 points from their bench and were able to rest their starters with Saturday's contest in mind.

'Our bench was fantastic tonight,' coach Randy Wittman said. 'We've got guys, plug-in guys, you know? We've got a group of guys that believe, who come out and play with the intensity and effort every night like that.'

Wall has a tough matchup against Isaiah Thomas after totaling 23 points, 14 assists and 11 turnovers in two games against the Celtics. Thomas has 37, 11 and five in those departments with Boston winning by an average of 26.5 points.

Another key to those victories was Boston made 12 3-pointers in each.

The Celtics (21-19) are one of the NBA's worst 3-point shooting teams at 32.4 percent. They made 14 of 30 for their second-best percentage of 46.7 in Friday's 117-103 win over Phoenix.

'We needed a night where we shot the ball well from 3, so it was good to see the ball go through the net some,' coach Brad Stevens said.

Thomas scored 19 after averaging 32.3 in his previous three games. Kelly Olynyk had 21 points in his second straight game off the bench since being replaced in the lineup at center by Jared Sullinger.

Sullinger has totaled 39 points and 23 rebounds against Washington this season.

The Celtics have dropped three straight on the road while the Wizards have lost three of four at the Verizon Center entering a five-game homestand that Wittman is trying not to emphasize.

"It's not a pivotal stretch," Wittman said. "That's what happens when you view five games as a pivotal stretch. Then you forget those other games, those other five after that aren't pivotal, then you don't play very well."

Comment

Preview: Nets (11-28) at Hawks (23-16)

The Atlanta Hawks missed a chance to get back in the win column in their first game this weekend but have the opportunity to bounce back at home, where they are undefeated in second half of back-to-backs.

Playing their only set of consecutive games at Philips Arena until the All-Star break, the Hawks look to improve to 6-0 in the second half of back-to-backs in Atlanta on Saturday night against the Brooklyn Nets.

Atlanta (23-17) scored just four points in the final 4:44 of regulation and six in overtime Friday in a 108-101 loss to Milwaukee. The Hawks opened their brief road trip with a 107-84 drubbing to Charlotte on Wednesday.

Paul Millsap scored a combined 43 points in those two games. He had 23 points and 10 rebounds against the Bucks before fouling out with 1:17 left in the fourth quarter.

The Hawks then lost starting forward Kent Bazemore when he fouled out in the opening minute of overtime.

"Obviously we would have preferred to have (Millsap) and (Bazemore), two of our better players, out there, but I think everybody felt that when overtime started we had enough to win. We just didn't get it done," guard Kyle Korver said.

Atlanta hosts Orlando on Monday and won't play back-to-back home contests again until a season-high five-game homestand Feb. 19-28. The Hawks, winners in five of six at home, are in a stretch where they're playing 15 of 23 on the road.

They'll try to open this short stay by earning a seventh consecutive home win over the Nets (11-29), a streak that includes last season's playoffs. The Hawks won that opening-round series 4-2 by taking three victories in Atlanta.

The Hawks and 5-0 in the second half of back-to-backs in Atlanta while the Nets are 1-5 in the second game of back-to-backs on the road.

Atlanta had a six-game regular-season win streak against Brooklyn end with a 90-88 defeat Nov. 17. The Nets scored the final four points to finish off that back-and-forth game.

Brooklyn, which lost 101-87 in Atlanta on Nov. 4, fell for the sixth time in seven games with Friday's 116-104 defeat to Portland.

The Trail Blazers took command for good with a 19-2 run in fourth quarter, and the Nets dropped to 1-2 under interim coach Tony Brown.

"Obviously it's still a work in progress. We're always learning and building," said center Brook Lopez, who had a team-best 25 points. "But we still have great spirits abound."

Lopez is averaging 25.7 points on 55.6 percent shooting and 10.3 rebounds in his last three regular-season games against the Hawks. He averaged 19.8 points and 9.0 rebounds in last year's playoff series.

Atlanta's Al Horford is averaging 20.6 points while shooting 70.1 percent in his last five regular-season games versus Brooklyn.

Horford had 18 points and eight rebounds Friday after being limited to two points and two boards in the blowout in Charlotte.

Comment

Preview: Trail Blazers (17-24) at 76ers (4-37)

Although one of their top scorers hasn't been at his best, the Portland Trail Blazers have produced one of their longest win streaks in 2015-16.

The Blazers will try to extend that run to a season-high four games in Saturday night's visit to the lowly Philadelphia 76ers.

C.J. McCollum has connected at just 33.3 percent from the floor in his last five games while averaging 16.6 points, a significant drop from his 21.1 in his first 35 contests. He had 13 points on 6-of-15 shooting Friday against Brooklyn, and Damian Lillard scored 33 in a 116-104 victory.

Portland's bench provided 47 points with Allen Crabbe scoring 19 and Ed Davis chipping in 14 on 6-of-6 shooting. The Blazers' reserves are averaging 41.7 points in the three-game win streak, a bump from their 32.5 per contest in the first 39 games.

"Our team is playing as well as we've played all year right now," Lillard said. "It feels good."

Portland (18-24) will seek its four-game win streak since March 25-30 when it faces the NBA's worst team. The Blazers will also try for their first three-game road win streak in 2015-16 in the continuation of a three-game trip.

Philadelphia (4-37) has dropped four in a row since winning the opener of a season-high six-game homestand but nearly topped Chicago on Thursday. The 76ers rallied to force overtime after blowing their 24-point lead from the first half but fell 115-111.

"I was pleased with them the whole game. Really, really pleased," coach Brett Brown said. "How can we not leave that game feeling like the team is heading in the right direction?"

Robert Covington had 25 points while Ish Smith added 24, including the tying 3-pointer in the final minute of regulation. Smith is averaging 20.6 points in his last five games and 17.0 in his 10 since being traded to Philadelphia by New Orleans on Dec. 24.

Smith totaled seven points on 3-of-15 shooting in his three games against the Blazers this season while with the Pelicans.

The Blazers won both meetings against the 76ers last season by an average of 15.5 points and notched a 114-104 victory at the Wells Fargo Center on Nov. 24, 2014, their second straight win in that building.

"We've got to make sure we bring our A game, come out from the start with aggression and try to jump on them," McCollum said.

Lillard had 28 points in Portland's most recent matchup with the 76ers, a 114-93 win Dec. 26, 2014. He had 10 assists and no turnovers in Friday's victory after averaging 4.8 giveaways in his first five games back from a sore left foot.

"I've been turning the ball over a lot more than I would like to," Lillard said. "It doesn't help our team, and I'm glad that I was finally able to get a game with zero."

Lillard has averaged 31.3 points while making 23 of 46 from 3-point range in the last four contests. He is shooting 53.6 percent overall in the three-game win streak.

Comment

Preview: Warriors (37-3) at Pistons (21-18)

Although the marquee matchups during their three-game trip are on the second and third stops, the Golden State Warriors shouldn't treat the opener like a tuneup.

The Detroit Pistons have been winning on their home floor with strong play on both ends of the court, and considering the Warriors' only stumbles have come on the road, they'll likely have their work cut out for them Saturday night at The Palace.

Golden State (37-3) follows this game with Monday's visit to Cleveland for the second rematch of last year's NBA Finals before closing the swing against Chicago on Wednesday. The Cavaliers and Bulls were a combined 31-7 at home entering Friday.

The Pistons (21-18) are no slouches in their own building, either, with a 13-6 mark that is among the better home records in the Eastern Conference. They had won four straight there prior to Tuesday's 109-99 loss to San Antonio.

They rank in the NBA's top 10 with 97.4 points allowed per home game, and with their 104.6 scoring average at The Palace, they have the league's fifth-highest home scoring differential at plus-7.2 points per game. Out on the road, it drops to minus-3.3.

Containing a team averaging a league-best 114.4 points is a significant challenge, and the Warriors are actually scoring more on the road (115.9) than at home (112.7).

Detroit has the benefit of a frontcourt that poses a matchup headache for Golden State, which is 28th in the league with an average of 46.1 points allowed in the paint. The Pistons are sixth with 44.9 inside points per game, and it bears mentioning that they scored 58 against an NBA-best Spurs defense allowing an average of 39.8.

That inside point total becomes more eye-opening when you factor in that starting forwards Marcus Morris and Ersan Ilyasova were held to 10 total points, which is nearly 15 below their combined season average.

The pair bounced back by teaming for 29 points in Thursday's 103-101 road loss to Memphis to help offset a quiet night for Andre Drummond, who had 11 with 11 rebounds.

The Pistons shot 51.4 percent and hit 15 3-pointers, but Mario Chalmers nailed an off-balance 19-footer with 0.8 seconds left after Detroit's 23-2 run in the fourth.

"That's very tough," coach Stan Van Gundy said of Chalmers' winning shot. "We just couldn't finish. Couldn't get stops."

Morris scored 15 and Drummond had 14 with 15 rebounds in a 109-95 loss at Golden State on Nov. 9 in which Detroit's perimeter play was a nice complement to its 52 points in the paint. Reggie Jackson and Stanley Johnson each scored 20 and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope added 15 while helping limit Stephen Curry to 22.

Curry was unstoppable Wednesday with 20 of his 38 points in the fourth quarter at Denver, but he lost the ball in the closing moments of a 112-110 loss. Golden State quickly bounced back Thursday with a 116-98 home win over the Los Angeles Lakers.

Curry scored 26 with his first eight baskets coming from long range. His only other bucket came on a breakaway dunk that left him wobbly - and may have put a scare into interim coach Luke Walton after the guard recently missed time with a leg injury.

"I still wish he would lay all those up," Walton said.

After beating Kobe Bryant in his final visit to Oracle Arena, Curry quickly spoke to the retiring Lakers star.

"He told us to chase history, keep doing what we're doing," said Curry, whose team moved past the halfway point of catching the 72-win Bulls in 1995-96.

Golden State is looking to tie a franchise record with its 10th straight win in this series. The Warriors set that mark from 1970-72.

Comment

Preview: Knicks (20-21) at Grizzlies (22-19)

Date: January 16, 2016 8:00 PM EDT

It'd be easy to look at the uncertain statuses of Carmelo Anthony, Kristaps Porzingis and Mike Conley to find some intrigue in a matchup between the New York Knicks and the Memphis Grizzlies.

Amazingly, the real drama lies between the Grizzlies' seventh-leading scorer and the Knicks' head coach.

Matt Barnes and Derek Fisher will be on the same floor for the first time since their bizarre offseason altercation as Memphis continues a six-game homestand Saturday night against New York.

Barnes has already served a two-game suspension for his role in an October brawl at the Los Angeles home of Barnes' estranged wife. Barnes told reporters that he drove 95 miles to the home after receiving text messages from his son, who was concerned that Fisher was visiting - and apparently dating - his mother.

Fisher has mostly avoided talking about the incident, but Barnes hasn't let it go. In November, he said Fisher should not have told police about what happened and that the former Lakers teammates should have handled it like "grown men." Barnes served his suspension in the Grizzlies' last game in December and first in January, and he wasn't ready to move on when asked about it Thursday.

'I know I've got to keep my mouth shut because (Fisher) will run and tell," Barnes said. "So we're focused on playing that team (the Knicks). And when I'm retired, him and I will cross paths again."

Barnes said he plans to avoid Fisher on Saturday, but the Knicks' coach will want to make sure his defenders aren't leaving Barnes alone. The 13-year veteran returned Thursday after missing a game with a thumb contusion and dropped 18 points off the bench - hitting all six of his 3-point attempts - in a 103-101 win over Detroit.

He's shooting 47.4 percent overall and 40.3 percent from 3 in his last 14 games after posting 37.4 and 29.9 percentages in his first 24 games with Memphis (22-19).

"It just took a little bit of time," Barnes said. "I'm 35, so it took a little time for me to get my legs underneath me, to get acquainted with this system, and now my teammates know where to find me."

The Grizzlies would have been headed to overtime if not for a jumper with 0.8 seconds left from Mario Chalmers, who had 25 points while starting a fourth straight game for Conley. It's unclear if Conley will be able to return Saturday with his sore left Achilles bothering him.

Porzingis hasn't missed a game all season but has been added to the injury report with a sore right shoulder. He's listed as questionable along with Anthony, who missed Wednesday's game against Brooklyn with a sprained right ankle. The Knicks (20-21) certainly missed him, as fill-in Lance Thomas shot 2 for 10 and was a minus-18 in a 110-104 loss.

Derrick Williams picked up some slack off the bench by matching a career high with 31 points, but it was Porzingis who perhaps took the loss the hardest and was looking forward after going 5 for 17 from the field.

'On nights like this when we don't have (Anthony), I can't have a shooting night like this,' Porzingis said. 'I've got to step up. I've got to score the ball more.'

That came on the second night of a back-to-back, but for Porzingis, less rest hasn't been a bad thing. He's averaging 14.3 points and shooting 43.6 percent with no days or one day of down time, compared to 11.5 points and 34.4 percent with at least two days between games.

The Knicks have lost four straight in the series as the Grizzlies have had a 216-118 edge in paint points. Anthony missed both of last season's meetings.

Comment

Preview: Lakers (9-32) at Jazz (17-22)

Date: January 16, 2016 9:00 PM EDT

Already struggling to control the glass, the Utah Jazz suffered another significant hit to their frontcourt when Trevor Booker took a blow to the head.

Now two of their top three rebounders could be sidelined against the woeful Los Angeles Lakers in Salt Lake City on Saturday night.

The Jazz (17-22) own a plus-1.3 rebounding margin on the season, but have posted a minus-6.7 mark in the last six games of a 2-5 stretch. They've been dominated on the boards by a 54-38 margin each time in dropping their last two.

Derrick Favors, second on the club with 8.6 rebounds per game, could miss a 13th straight due to back spasms. Booker is expected to also be out Saturday after being diagnosed with a concussion following an elbow from DeMarcus Cousins in Thursday's 103-101 home loss to Sacramento.

Booker is averaging 6.6 boards on the season.

That should leave more minutes for Trey Lyles, who's totaled 35 points but just five rebounds in his last two games. The rookie scored a season-high 19 to help Utah rally from an 18-point deficit against the Kings before Rudy Gay hit the winning jumper with 0.6 seconds left.

Gordon Hayward missed all nine of his shots in the first half before going 4 for 8 in the final two quarters. He was 13 for 16 from the free-throw line overall.

"I think it takes a lot of resolve and a lot of grit (to come back) with Book out, basically every player on our roster in foul trouble except Gordon, and Gordon having a very difficult night from the field," coach Quin Snyder said.

Hayward appears to be facing a prime opportunity to get back on track. He's averaged 24.5 points and 50.7 percent shooting in his last four against the Lakers (9-32).

The forward led the way with 25 points and Utah held Los Angeles to 32.6 percent from the field - 3 for 21 from 3-point range - in Sunday's 86-74 win at Staples Center.

Kobe Bryant did not play due to a strained right Achilles. He's since totaled 15 points on 7-of-26 shooting in two games.

The retiring Bryant made his final appearance at Oracle Arena in Thursday's 116-98 loss at Golden State. He's yet to miss a game when it has been his last time playing in that city, though that won't be the case Saturday with the Lakers returning to Salt Lake on March 28.

"I was really stiff (Thursday) but I felt like it was the right thing to do to go back out and try to enjoy it one more time," Bryant said. "It was sore but it didn't lock up on me."

Los Angeles, loser of four of five, seems unlikely to provide Utah with much of a challenge on the boards as it ranks near the bottom of the league with a minus-4.2 rebounding margin.

Jordan Clarkson scored a team-high 22 points and Lou Williams added 21 against the Warriors. Clarkson has averaging 18.2 in his last six games while Williams has scored 23.3 in his past eight.

The Lakers have won in two of their past three visits to Utah.

Comment

Preview: Kings (16-23) at Clippers (26-13)

Date: January 16, 2016 10:30 PM EDT

Blake Griffin was supposed to miss two weeks with a partially torn tendon in his left quadriceps.

Three have passed, and there's still no timetable for his return to the Los Angeles Clippers.

Their next-best big man just sat out his first game in nearly five years, but the Clippers look to keep on rolling anyway and match their longest winning streak of the last three seasons Saturday night against the visiting Sacramento Kings.

Griffin, who leads Los Angeles with 23.2 points per game, has missed the last nine and coach Doc Rivers said prior to Wednesday's 104-90 win over Miami that he might not return soon. The victory also came without DeAndre Jordan, who was sidelined due to pneumonia to end the NBA's longest active games played streak at 360. It's uncertain if Jordan will be available Saturday.

Prior to the victory over the Heat, the last time Los Angeles played without Griffin and Jordan was Feb. 9, 2010.

'It's easy to start feeling sorry for yourselves when you don't have Blake and D.J.,' Rivers said. 'But nobody mentioned it. They just kept playing. Paul (Pierce) was great at halftime. He kept saying: `We're going to win this game, guys. I'm telling you, we're going to win this game.''

They did it with 19 points from Cole Aldrich in his first start in a Clippers uniform, while Chris Paul had 15 points and 12 assists and Pablo Prigioni recorded eight steals in 15 minutes.

Los Angeles (26-13) won its 10th straight to tie San Antonio for the longest active streak in the league. The Clippers are on their third double-digit run in four seasons and can equal their latest 11-game streak, achieved Feb. 23-March 16, 2014.

Miami is the only team with a winning record that Los Angeles has faced during the unbeaten stretch, and the Clippers follow Sacramento (16-23) by playing five of six against teams currently above .500 - the final five on the road.

The Clippers - winners of nine of 11 at home - have gone 18-3 in their last 21 against the Kings and 9-1 at Staples Center.

Their fourth and fifth straight victories in the series came Oct. 28 and 31, but they did it behind Griffin, who totaled 70 points, 17 rebounds and 10 assists, and Jordan with 23 points, 30 boards and 11 blocks.

Those losses were part of a 1-7 start for Sacramento, which has played much better since. The Kings snapped a two-game skid with Thursday's 103-101 win at Utah.

Rudy Gay scored 24 points and hit the winning shot with less than a second left, and DeMarcus Cousins remained hot with 36 points and 17 rebounds. The center has averaged 33.0 points and 14.2 boards in the last six games.

Coach George Karl inserted Willie Cauley-Stein back into the starting lineup against the Jazz, hoping to shore up the defense after Sacramento had allowed an average of 115.5 points over the previous eight games.

"We have weaknesses and his skills are at the defensive end of the court where probably more of our priorities are right now," Karl said.

Cousins scored 32 points in the 111-104 home loss Oct. 28 but just 13 in a 114-109 defeat at Los Angeles three days later.

Comment

NBA

Saturday's hot teams
                    -- Washington won its last four games (2-7 last nine HF).
                    -- Hawks won four of last five at home (7-3 last ten HF).
                    -- Portland won its last three games (3-2AF).
                    -- Warriors won eight of last nine games (13-7-1AF).
                    -- Memphis won three of last four games (5-1 last six HF). Knicks won five of last seven games (6-3 last nine AU).
                    -- Clippers won their last ten games (4-1 last five HF). Sacramento is 4-3 in its last seven games (6-2 last eight AU).

Cold teams
                    -- Celtics lost four of last five games (1-4 last five AU).
                    -- Hornets lost eight of last nine games (2-4 last six HF). Bucks lost last three road games (6-4 last 10 AU).
                    -- Nets lost six of their last seven games (7-2 last nine AU).
                    -- 76ers lost six of their last seven games (3-8 last 11HU).
                    -- Detroit is 4-6 in its last ten games (2-3HU).
                    -- Lakers lost five of their last six games (5-11 last 16AU). Jazz lost five of last seven games (6-7HF).

Series records
                    -- Home side won last five Boston-Washington games.
                    -- Hornets won eight of last nine games with Milwaukee.
                    -- Hawks won three of last four games with Brooklyn.
                    -- Trailblazers won six of last eight games with Philly.
                    -- Warriors won last nine games (6-3 vs spread) with Detroit.
                    -- Knicks lost six of last seven games with Memphis.
                    -- Lakers lost three of last four games with Utah.
                    -- Clippers won last five games with Sacramento.

Totals
                    -- Seven of last ten Boston games stayed under total.
                    -- Five of last seven Charlotte games stayed under.
                    -- Six of last eight Brooklyn-Atlanta games stayed under.
                    -- Four of last five Portland games went over the total.
                    -- Four of last five Golden State games went over.
                    -- Four of last five Memphis games went over.
                    -- Six of last eight Laker games stayed under total.
                    -- Six of last seven Sacramento-Clipper games went over.

Back/backs
                    -- Boston is 5-4 vs spread if it played night before; Washington is 4-4.
                    -- Milwaukee is 8-2 vs spread if it played night before; Charlotte is 1-5.
                    -- Brooklyn 5-2 vs spread if it played night before; Atlanta is 4-5.
                    -- Portland 3-7 vs spread if it played the night before.

Comment

NBA

Saturday, January 16

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Trend Report
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7:00 PM
                      MILWAUKEE vs. CHARLOTTE
                      The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Milwaukee's last 6 games when playing on the road against Charlotte
                      Milwaukee is 1-8 SU in its last 9 games when playing Charlotte
                      Charlotte is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against Milwaukee
                      The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Charlotte's last 6 games when playing at home against Milwaukee

7:30 PM
                      PORTLAND vs. PHILADELPHIA
                      Portland is 2-4-1 ATS in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Philadelphia
                      The total has gone OVER in 6 of Portland's last 7 games on the road
                      Philadelphia is 6-15-1 ATS in its last 22 games
                      Philadelphia is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games when playing Portland

BOSTON vs. WASHINGTON
                      Boston is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
                      Boston is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
                      Washington is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
                      The total has gone OVER in 4 of Washington's last 6 games when playing at home against Boston

GOLDEN STATE vs. DETROIT
                      Golden State is 20-3 SU in its last 23 games on the road
                      The total has gone OVER in 14 of Golden State's last 17 games on the road
                      The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Detroit's last 5 games when playing Golden State
                      The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Detroit's last 8 games when playing at home against Golden State

BROOKLYN vs. ATLANTA
                      Brooklyn is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Atlanta
                      Brooklyn is 4-19 SU in its last 23 games on the road
                      The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Atlanta's last 8 games when playing Brooklyn
                      Atlanta is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games at home

8:00 PM
                      NEW YORK vs. MEMPHIS
                      New York is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
                      New York is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing Memphis
                      Memphis is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games at home
                      The total has gone OVER in 4 of Memphis's last 5 games

9:00 PM
                      LA LAKERS vs. UTAH
                      LA Lakers are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games when playing Utah
                      LA Lakers are 3-19 SU in their last 22 games on the road
                      The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Utah's last 9 games when playing at home against LA Lakers
                      Utah is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games

10:30 PM
                      SACRAMENTO vs. LA CLIPPERS
                      Sacramento is 1-9 SU in their last 10 games when playing on the road against LA Clippers
                      The total has gone OVER in 6 of Sacramento's last 7 games
                      LA Clippers are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games when playing Sacramento
                      LA Clippers are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games when playing at home against Sacramento

Comment

Preview: Milwaukee At Charlotte
                        When: 7:00 PM ET, Saturday, January 16, 2016
                        Where: Time Warner Cable Arena, Charlotte, North Carolina
                        In what amounts to a disappointing season so far, the Milwaukee Bucks continue to have very different results at home – where they have won three straight – than on the road. Unfortunately for the Bucks, they play their next four games and eight of their next 10 away from home, beginning with a visit to Charlotte on Saturday.
                        Giannis Antetokounmpo had 28 points, 16 rebounds and three blocked shots to lead Milwaukee to a 108-101 overtime win against Atlanta at home on Friday. That gave the Bucks a respectable 12-7 mark in their own arena, but their 18 losses on the road are more than only Philadelphia and the Los Angeles Lakers, the last-place teams in each conference. The Hornets have followed a similar pattern, although the location has not mattered much of late for a team that has dropped 13 of 17. Kemba Walker and Nicolas Batum had 25 points apiece in Charlotte’s 109-107 loss at New Orleans on Friday.
                        TV: 7 p.m. ET, FSN Wisconsin (Milwaukee), FSN Southeast (Charlotte)
                        ABOUT THE BUCKS (17-25): Fatigue can always be a factor in the second half of a back-to-back on the road, but it is a legitimate concern for an already-thin Milwaukee team coming off an overtime affair. Antetokounmpo played 50 minutes, Khris Middleton 46 and Michael Carter-Williams 42 in the win over Atlanta and only one reserve – John Henson – appeared for more than 13 minutes. It would help if either Jerryd Bayless (ankle) or O.J. Mayo (hamstring) is able to return to the floor.
                        ABOUT THE HORNETS (18-21): One positive in Friday’s loss was the slump-busting performance of struggling rookie Frank Kaminsky. The 7-footer hit 7-of-9 shots – including both of his 3-point tries – en route to 18 points, his third-highest scoring total of the season. Kaminsky, who entered the contest shooting 29.5 percent from the floor in January, could continue to get his fair share of looks among the second unit if guard Jeremy Lamb is unable to return from a one-game absence due to a toe injury.
                        BUZZER BEATERS
                        1. The all-time series is tied at 49 wins apiece.
                        2. Milwaukee C Greg Monroe has exactly 12 rebounds in five of his last six contests.
                        3. Walker’s 22 points led Charlotte to an 87-82 win in the first meeting between the teams Nov. 29.
                        PREDICTION: Hornets 98, Bucks 96

Comment

Preview: Boston At Washington
                          When: 7:30 PM ET, Saturday, January 16, 2016
                          Where: Verizon Center, Washington, District of Columbia
                          For the second time in less than a month, the Washington Wizards own a four-game winning streak and they can build upon the run during a long stretch at home. The Wizards will put the streak on the line Saturday against the Boston Celtics in the opener of a season-high five-game homestand.
                          Behind 28 points and eight assists from John Wall, Washington soared past Indiana on the road Friday night, shooting 52 percent and finding a way to dominate the glass 54-35 – without its top two rebounders – in the 118-104 win. Center Marcin Gortat (knee) is considered day-to-day while forward Otto Porter Jr. missed the Pacers’ game with a groin issue. The Wizards hope to have one or both players back when they take on Boston, which rolled to a 117-103 win against Phoenix at home on Friday. Seven players scored in double figures and the Celtics awoke from a 3-point shooting slump to hit 14-of-30 from beyond the arc to complete a 2-0 homestand.
                          TV: 7:30 p.m. ET, CSN New England (Boston), CSN Mid-Atlantic (Washington)
                          ABOUT THE CELTICS (21-19): Marcus Smart has posted some woeful shooting numbers since returning from a leg injury last month, but he showcased his overall talents against the Suns by recording his first career triple-double (10 points, 11 rebounds, 11 assists). It was a career high in the last two categories and the second-year point guard added two blocks and two steals. Fellow reserve Kelly Olynyk (21 points) was the team’s leading scorer and he has made 7-of-11 3-pointers in a three-game stretch.
                          ABOUT THE WIZARDS (19-19): While the dominance underneath was impressive, given the absences of Gortat and Porter, the biggest development in the win at Indiana was the play of Bradley Beal. The oft-injured shooting guard produced 22 points in 22 minutes in his second game back from a stress fracture, but he is expected to sit out Saturday’s tilt as coach Randy Wittman eases Beal back into the mix. Wall will be looking for a better effort against Boston after averaging 11.5 points on 35.7 percent shooting in a pair of losses earlier this season, including a 33-point setback at Boston on Nov. 27.
                          BUZZER BEATERS
                          1. Olynyk hit 4-of-5 from long distance in the 111-78 win over Washington in the previous meeting.
                          2. The Wizards’ bench had 67 points while shooting 58.8 percent against the Pacers.
                          3. Washington caps the homestand with another visit from Boston on Jan. 25.
                          PREDICTION: Wizards 106, Celtics 101

Comment

Preview: Brooklyn At Atlanta
                            Where: Philips Arena, Atlanta, Georgia
                            The Brooklyn Nets found themselves two victories away from upending the top-seed Atlanta Hawks in the opening round of the Eastern Conference playoffs in April, but the Nets come to Atlanta on Saturday mired in the depths of a miserable season. Brooklyn reaches the midpoint with just 11 victories, having dropped six of its past seven following Friday’s 116-104 home loss to Portland, and likely will spend the second half of the season assessing how to rebuild.
                            The Nets are 1-2 since interim coach Tony Brown replaced Lionel Hollins, losing a six-point lead with less than nine minutes left Friday thanks to a 19-2 Portland run. The Hawks also played Friday, going to overtime for the first time this season before falling apart at the finish in a 108-101 defeat at Milwaukee. Atlanta won a franchise-record 60 games and reached the conference finals for the first time a season ago, but has dropped five of eight following a six-game winning streak. Paul Millsap is on track for a third-consecutive All-Star berth, averaging 18.4 points and 8.7 rebounds after going for 23 points and 10 rebounds before fouling out Friday.
                            TV: 7:30 p.m. ET, YES (Brooklyn), FSN Southeast (Atlanta)
                            ABOUT THE NETS (11-29): Center Brook Lopez has been a bright spot in Brooklyn’s season, averaging a team-best 19.9 points, but Friday’s loss dropped the Nets to 0-12 when they allow an opponent to shoot 50 percent or better from the field. Guard Joe Johnson hit three 3-pointers Friday, moving into fourth place on the franchise’s all-time made 3-point list with 487. The Nets, who have not won consecutive games since Dec. 8-10, play 11 of their next 16 at home.
                            ABOUT THE HAWKS (23-17): Atlanta shot just six free throws compared to 37 by Milwaukee and was dominated on the glass, being outrebounded 60-43 and giving up 21 offensive boards. Millsap recorded his 14th double-double of the season but was sorely missed after fouling out late in regulation. Guard Kyle Korver finished 7-of-10 from the field in scoring 17 points and is 8-of-15 from 3-point range in his past three contests.
                            BUZZER BEATERS
                            1. Atlanta has defeated Brooklyn nine times in 12 meetings since the start of last season, including a six-game triumph in the playoffs.
                            2. Brooklyn G Donald Sloan fell just short of his first career triple-double Friday, finishing with 15 points, nine rebounds and nine assists in his third consecutive start.
                            3. The Nets have failed to score 100 points 26 times, going 3-23 in those contests.
                            PREDICTION: Hawks 103, Nets 92

Comment

Preview: Golden State At Detroit
                              Where: The Palace of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, Michigan
                              The Golden State Warriors’ biggest challenge on Saturday might be fighting the urge to look ahead in the schedule to dates at Cleveland and Chicago early next week. Michigan native Draymond Green will try to keep his teammates’ focus on the present when the Warriors visit the Detroit Pistons on Saturday.
                              Golden State, which suffered its third loss of the season at Denver on Wednesday while Green sat out to rest, bounced back with a 116-98 home win over the Los Angeles Lakers and is about to enter one of the toughest stretches of the schedule. The Warriors will see East contenders in the Pistons, Cavaliers and Bulls on the three-game road trip before heading home to face Indiana, San Antonio and Dallas over the next six contests. Detroit just fell to a pair of West playoff contenders with a road loss at San Antonio before a last-second 103-101 setback at the Memphis Grizzlies on Thursday. “They are all tough,” Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy told reporters. “Any loss is tough. I haven’t found one that isn’t tough.”
                              TV: 7:30 p.m. ET, CSN Bay Area (Golden State), FSN Detroit
                              ABOUT THE WARRIORS (37-3): Green was back in the lineup on Thursday and contributed seven points, nine rebounds, five assists and three steals to the win, but it was Stephen Curry stealing the show. The reigning MVP buried eight 3-pointers and finished with 26 points – the lone two-point field goal coming on a rare transition dunk. “The (3-point) line was open,” Curry told reporters. “… I had a lot of opportunities, and obviously, if I get open looks, I’m going to take them.”
                              ABOUT THE PISTONS (21-18): Detroit held an eight-point lead midway through the fourth quarter and still led 101-96 after Stanley Johnson’s 3-pointer with 3:06 left but would not score again as Memphis rallied for the victory. Johnson was an obvious bright spot on an otherwise disappointing night for the Pistons while scoring 11 of his 19 points in the fourth quarter. The rookie from Arizona buried a season-high five 3-pointers in his highest scoring game since putting up 19 points in a win over Houston on Nov. 30.
                              BUZZER BEATERS
                              1. Warriors F Harrison Barnes is averaging 11 points in seven games since returning from an ankle injury that cost him more than a month.
                              2. Detroit C Andre Drummond is 7-of-37 from the free-throw line in the last seven games.
                              3. Golden State has taken nine straight in the series, including a 109-95 home win on Nov. 9.
                              PREDICTION: Warriors 116, Pistons 103

Comment

Working...
                              X