Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA POD Tuesday Dec 27

lounge.PNG

Hey Skip what do think of this one, I've always loved it and the girl 4th from the left front row in the black dress and silver belt lol

Toto Africa a Cappella by Perpetuum Jazzile with rainfall

1a.jpg

Just a quick note here on our long time friend PLAYER. I talked to him by email frequently since the early talksport days and as many of you know he was the guy who put in the lines for sports database for many many years. He was a Vegas Icon for over 50 years and made his living in the gambling industry for all that time. He stopped posting and emailing me about a month and half ago and when I reached out to him all he said to me was I've moved back to Florida and doesn't want any questions. He is in his 80's so who knows, I respect his wishes and have said goodbye to him, I'll sorely miss him.

It reminds of another time when myself and great friend ran the book here as agents for a big outfit in Montreal, he was 15 years older than me and was a swashbuckling handsome Serb who loved the ladies, drink and good times. We shared a building for our businesses and he was President of the private golf club here and on the board of our CFL team, really well connected. We made a lot of money together and we talked every single day for over 20 years when he suddenly died of cancer, it was a sad sad time and I have that same sad feeling today after probably my last word with Shaun. It's a shitty planet sometimes my friends....

Originally posted by Thomas View Post

Just a quick note here on our long time friend PLAYER. I talked to him by email frequently since the early talksport days and as many of you know he was the guy who put in the lines for sports database for many many years. He was a Vegas Icon for over 50 years and made his living in the gambling industry for all that time. He stopped posting and emailing me about a month and half ago and when I reached out to him all he said to me was I've moved back to Florida and doesn't want any questions. He is in his 80's so who knows, I respect his wishes and have said goodbye to him, I'll sorely miss him.

It reminds of another time when myself and great friend ran the book here as agents for a big outfit in Montreal, he was 15 years older than me and was a swashbuckling handsome Serb who loved the ladies, drink and good times. We shared a building for our businesses and he was President of the private golf club here and on the board of our CFL team, really well connected. We made a lot of money together and we talked every single day for over 20 years when he suddenly died of cancer, it was a sad sad time and I have that same sad feeling today after probably my last word with Shaun. It's a shitty planet sometimes my friends....

Yes it is. Family and friend dynamics. I just experienced it myself. For many of our issues, sometimes life is just too short to have this happen. Not saying I know any details about your situation Tom. Life's just TOO short.

Comment

36-30

Toronto -4'

Comment

36-20

1a.jpg

Comment

Damn hate to hear that Tom. Shaun certainly was a huge contributor to many of us for many years. Another guy i've never met, yet considered a friend. Hope whatever the case may be that he is at peace

Comment

30-28

Lakers Magic under 236.5

Comment

Player and Rosie and even SideJob were amazing. Thank you Tom for sharing your story as well. Truly miss them.

Comment

I miss them also. Especially Rosie.

Comment

32-30
                  Tom this group sings very good, I like it very much!!
                  Toronto-4

Comment

Pacers +1.5

Comment

Lakers +4 (-108)

Comment

21-28-5

Tor -3' (vs LA Clip)

GL guys

Comment

Originally posted by Puckluck View Post

Yes it is. Family and friend dynamics. I just experienced it myself. For many of our issues, sometimes life is just too short to have this happen. Not saying I know any details about your situation Tom. Life's just TOO short.
                          I hope I copied Thomas original post on PLAYER, PUCKLUCK's response, and O'Dogg's response right.

I share your sentiments.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas View Post
                            [URL=filedata/fetch?id=599962&d=1666148204]lounge.PNG[/URL

Thanks for the update on Shaun. Getting old sucks. Time sure does fly. Enjoy everyday!

Comment

Working...
                            X