Making a play on line movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a play on line movement

Throughout most of yesterday, Auburn was a 2 point favorite over visiting Florida. Based on my fading of a particular handicapper at another site, I intended to play Auburn. Since I was running late, I didn't go to make the play until about 20-30 minutes before the game started. When I tried to get my play in, it was rejected because the line started moving in favor of Florida. I would go to play Auburn at -1.5, and the line would move to -1......then down to Pick, and ultimately to Florida -1.5. It was a 3.5 point movement in the space of about 15 minutes.

I didn't have time to check what might have happened, but I took a shot and switched my play to Florida figuring that there was a lot of smart money coming in. Lo and behold, the Gators took a big early lead and coasted to a 74-57 win.

Anybody here ever track numbers in the last half hour before a game starts, and then make plays on the team receiving the steam? And more importantly, how does it work out for you in the long run? And is it different if it is a huge move like the game yesterday, or just a one point pedestrian move?

Re: Making a play on line movement

I would be interested to learn the results if someone has tracked these long term.

Comment

Re: Making a play on line movement

Would be good to know.

Comment

Working...
      X