Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colgate as a popular first round bracket selection

Are you kidding me?

This is a classic case of a small conference team who shoots the lights out and runs rings around the likes of Bucknell, Army, Holy Cross, etc......and now they are moving up in class against Arkansas.

It is like Usain Bolt being taken out into the Serengeti and being expected to outrun a cheetah. Yeah, Bolt is fast, but he's in a whole different world in that set-up.

Colgate loves to push the pace and run up and down the floor, and now they are going to play a team that must be licking their chops to get into that kind of a match-up. Let's face it.....that's what Arkansas does best.

Colgate will hit some threes in the first ten minutes, and keep the game close for a while....maybe. But then the Arkansas tsunami will absolutely crush them. Arkansas will run them into the ground. Watch Colgate wear down in the second half. The legs will get tired, the shots will stop falling, and the little liberal arts school from upstate New York will wonder what the hell hit them.

And yet......the experts keep telling the people filling out the brackets just how dangerous Colgate is.

Really?

Comment

I believe the over/under (currently 161 1/2) is the highest of any first round matchup. If, as you predict, Arkansas hammers The Gate, the over should be a strong play.

Comment

Colgate played only 5 teams this year, I am pretty sure that is a 1st. They were also favored in every game, so they played NOBODY that was even considered better then THEM.
        "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Working...
        X