Thanksgiving Weekend Plays and Thoughts on South Carolina/Clemson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving Weekend Plays and Thoughts on South Carolina/Clemson

An awful week last week, but still up 6.4 units for the year. Thanksgiving weekend has historically been a bad one for me, so not as many plays this week.

Virginia Pickem 5 units
    Utah St +10 2 units

Tennessee/Vanderbilt over 49.5 3 units
    Northern Illinois/Western Michigan over 58.5 1 unit

South Carolina/Clemson

We have had a putrid season. With that said, we had 4 games that we absolutely imploded in the 4th quarter...close losses that frankly could have gone either way. We gave up 14 point leads with less than 6 minutes to go against Missouri, Kentucky, and Tennessee. We also lost a close 4th quarter game on the road at Auburn. The last few years, we were winning the close games, but it just hasn't happened this year. If those 4 had gone our way, we would be 10-1 going into this game. Woulda, coulda, shoulda I know. To be fair, we probably should have lost to Georgia as well as Florida. Are we a 10-1 team? No. But the difference in 4-7 and 10-1 (both of which we could be right now) is not as big of a difference for this team as it would appear.

In the past few years, we have won games by having a great defense and a just good enough offense. This season, we have had the most prolific offense in school history, but virtually no defense to go with it...although there has been improvement the last few weeks. Clemson has been almost the exact opposite. Their offense won games for them in the past, outscoring opponents because their defense has not been good enough to win on their own. This year, the defense is carrying their team, and they have struggled in moving the ball with Deshaun Watson hurt for a good bit of the year.

Watson has been practicing this week, but is he healthy? His throwing hand required surgery, and still could be giving him problems. He sprained his knee two weeks ago in his return (was initially feared to be a torn ACL). Will his knee be 100% after two weeks? If a HEALTHY Deshaun Watson plays against us, Clemson will win by double digits. If he isn't healthy and tries to gut it out, or if he can't go and Cole Stoudt plays, then South Carolina will win an ugly, low scoring game.

My prediction is that Cole Stoudt starts the game and plays a couple of series, and Dabo brings Watson off the bench, setting him up with a potential "Willis Reed" moment. I also don't think that it is possible that he is completely healthy. South Carolina wins the 6th straight in this series.

South Carolina 20
    Clemson 16

Best of luck this weekend to everyone.

Re: Thanksgiving Weekend Plays and Thoughts on South Carolina/Clemson

Just now getting back on here to post my awful results. 0-4, minus 12.1 units for the weekend, now down 5.7 units on the year.

Comment

Working...
    X