Should I hedge this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I hedge this?

I am in 2nd place in a pool that pays about $575. I have Alabama, leader has Clemson. Should I bet $300 or so on Clemson +7??? Is there anyway that I can not make money on this no matter who wins by any score?

Re: Should I hedge this?

I am guessing your pool is ATS? If so I would cover my ass, especially since I like Clemson. lol
    "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Also if you do hedge I would make damn sure you buy it to Clemson +7.5. If you push +7 you lose your pool and tie the bet.
      "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Originally posted by jumperjack View Post
        Also if you do hedge I would make damn sure you buy it to Clemson +7.5. If you push +7 you lose your pool and tie the bet.
        absolutely hedge and buy the extra. Good point JJ
        Twitter @winningpix1
        Last Season NFL 96-71-7 +$3750

Comment

Hedge all the way! And JJ is right...by it to 7.5
          -GamblerzLivezMatter-

Comment

Pool is pick the winner. Had every bowl game in it, just pick winner, no spread. Think I will take Clemson + points!

Comment

I think $250 bet keeps it close to same amount either way and if both are good about $800!

Comment

That's cool but I don't have a shot in my pool I was winning by 3 games and I faded down the stretch but I am in a battle and tied for 2nd in the overall. Pays very well I need help with the total in case we pick the same tonight the 2nd tiebreaker is points. Any thoughts on the points

Comment

I have 45 for my tiebreaker (if I would have need it). Good Luck!

Comment

Thanks and to you. I like the under but all I need is 1 under him lol. I'm thinking 47 or 48. He will know the total is 50.5

Comment

how about $150 on clemson $line @ +210?
                      alabama wins you're +$575/-$150= +$425
                      clemson wins you're +$315 minus the pay in for the pool
                      win/win
                      that's a hedge in my world

Comment

Ended up taking Clemson +6.5 for $250 from my local. WINNER on the bet, WINNER on the pool!!!!! +$825!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X