National Championship by the Drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Championship by the Drop

Will #17 Jaylen Waddle play for Alabama? Does it matter? Hell yeah it does.

Jaylen Waddle is a 5'10" junior who has 4.2 something speed. Touted as the next Tyreek Hill.
    In the 4 games this season prior to getting injured....he averaged 22.3 yds/catch. He went for over 120 yds receiving in all four games he played this season.
    He has converted a first down or scored on 20 of 25 catches this season. He also has 3 of the top 5 longest scoring receptions in Alabama history. He has 733 punt return yards in his short career averaging 19.3/return.

Devonta Smith won the Heisman and may not be the best WR on the team!!

Re: National Championship by the Drop

All true. But even if he plays, will he be 100%? Hard to imagine he would be. But #17 just being on the field will make OSU account for him.

Comment

Just some stuff I have been looking at handicapping this game since I have nuttin better to do.

Alabama Offense vs Ohio State defense
      The closest thing I can compare to is Alabama vs Georgia earlier in the season.

Georgia finished the year with the #1 rush defense in the country allowing only 69.3 yds/game and 2.3 yds/attempt
      Ohio State this season has the #7 rush defense allowing 96.7 yds/game and 3.4 yds/attempt

Georgia finished the year with the #90 ranked pass defense allowing 253.4/game
      Ohio State is #103 in pass defense at 260.8/game.

Pretty similar defensive stats...you can argue competition blah blah blah but it gives a decent comparison.
      So what happened when Bama played Georgia? Bama was favored by 6.
      The Tide won 41-24. They ran the ball for 147 yds and passed for 417.

Alabama TT in this one is 42

Just sumpin else to drink on.

Comment

Drink this one perty, life! Looking forward to your pick. I know where I'm at.

Comment

Was also looking at 1st half. Ohio State averages 25.3 pts in the 1st half and Bama 29. The line in this one is Ala -5.5.
          Slight edge to the Buckeyes + but not enough for me.

Comment

Total Defense rankings:
            Alabama #33
            OSU #34

Total Offense rankings:
            Alabama #5
            OSU #6

statistically this game looks like a coin flip.

If you figure coaching and special teams are equal..... it comes down to motivation and execution. Motivation ain't gonna be a problem so it's execution. Who turns it over and which defense comes up with big stops? Beats me.

The biggest mismatch on the field IMO is the Alabama wideouts against the OSU secondary. Alabama has a great O-Line so I expect Jones to have time to find his speedy receivers.
            I already have a teaser pending with Saints -4/Bama -2. I'll stick with that but gonna add:

Alabama TT Over 42

GL Errbody!!

Comment

Funny! Other than my Bama/Over teaser, i took over Bama TT 41.5 yesterday. Like it. I really do think the Alabama passing game will take advantage of the Buckeye secondary but I don't trust the Tide's D.

Enjoy the game!

Comment

Ok life I'm following you again, hope I don't jinx ya my friend.

Alabama tt O41.5 -118

I'm gonna smoke some funky weed called gorilla glue (whatever the fuk that is, lol) and drink some whiskey and listen to SRV tonight before the game to get me in the mood, lol. think I'll start with your namesake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPcB4yXLl_4

Comment

i'm taking the tide tonight -9. and a teaser -3 under 81

T man, i saw The Police in concert at Aloha stadium in '84 (synchronicity tour)....and SRV opened for them. Incredible. Too stoned and drunk to remember much, though lol

GL tonight gents!!

Comment

Alright boys. Should be fun.
                    Bullwinkle. I smoked some shit a buddy brought back from Colorado called Gary Busey. Holy Fuck!

Comment

Sounds like a good one HD, I think I saw him back in 84 as well in Regina, where I live. I looked it up and he was here on his I hate the weather tour in June that year I see he played at Aloha stadium the same year with Police and Bryan Adams (ring a bell) man that guy traveled in those years, good lord. Time has flown my brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Life by the Drop View Post
                        Alright boys. Should be fun.
                        Bullwinkle. I smoked some shit a buddy brought back from Colorado called Gary Busey. Holy Fuck!

Strangely I've heard of it life, lol. Most of our shuff up here is "holy fuck" with the grey market trying to stay in biz with the legal shit

Comment

Comment

got mine at O41.5 -125 an hour ago

now it up to O41.5 -155

Comment

K over at pinny they're only offering O38.5 -237 and U38.5 +194 had to go to my bog book to get 41.5 -18 makes me go hmmm and the under on Bama @ 38.5 has moved up 20 cents in the last hour. There's info in that move and with 72 points between the two and a line 0f 75 I think they figure bama blowout what do you think ?

Comment

Working...
                              X