Poor Jets Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Jets Fans

The New York Daily News says the feeling inside the Jets is that Michael Vick will start Week 9 unless Rex Ryan is pressured into starting Geno Smith.
    The pressure would come from GM John Idzik, who made Smith the No. 39 overall pick in the 2013 draft. He's probably not willing to throw in the towel yet, especially in favor of a 34-year-old quarterback when your team is 1-7. But Rex risks losing the locker room -- and his job -- if he continues to trot out error-repeating Geno

Re: Poor Jets Fans

As a Lions fan. I can feel the pain of their fans.
    This isn't just a QB problem. It's an entire organization problem.
    Maybe 10 or 20 years ago you could pick up aging players and be competitive. But not anymore.
    This team is bad from the top all the way to the last guy on the roster.
    I would not suggest that Smith would ever be a great QB. But at the same time. You also have to look at the talent around him.
    You grab a RB that another team was done with and added him to a group of RB's.

You sign a free agent wide receiver who is really a #2 guy to be your #1.
    Then you trade for a wide receiver that the world champions gave up on.
    Harvin has talent. No doubt about it. But the guy is a gimmick player / returner. Who has a huge problem staying healthy.
    If the Broncos, Patriots or heck even Lions traded for Harvin. Then I could see that making some sense.
    Because all those teams above don't need him to be a top one or two guy.
    I'm sure you can think of a few other teams as well.

My point is this. That trade was more cosmetics than it was to make them a contender.
    When you look like a last place team. Might as well submit too it and cherish every draft pick.

You can fire Ryan and trust me there is probably enough reasons to.
    But any coach is only as good as the talent you put around him.
    I think there are a few coaches that can make players better, can squeeze every last ounce of talent out of them.
    There just isn't the talent in place on this team to do that.

If this was my team. I would just hope that they gut the whole thing and start over.
    There is nobody they could trade for that would have made them contenders.
    A good GM would have done the opposite. Start unloading guys, pick up extra draft picks and free up some cap space.

Comment

Vick is going to rally them to 6-10? Wring out the dishcloth that is gino and let the jets fight Oakland for the #1 pick and draft the Oregon QB or they will probabaly draft Jameis Winston and win the Backpages for the next 2 years.

Comment

you mean 2-8 for 5 yards and 3 picks doesn't warrant a start?
        "The ban on sports betting does exactly what Prohibition did, it makes criminals rich!"

Comment

When Vick signed with the Jets I thought wow,they just made an upgrade and then he didn't start and I wondered why.He is not the QB that I thought he could be in just one year removed from the Eagles.Maybe the line has something to do with it,maybe overall talent on the team.But Geno is horrible and I don't know if they have a 3rd string rookie or young guy, but if they do why not give him a shot.IMO neither guy will be back next year Rex INCLUDED!Fair for Rex,probably not but reality.
          2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
          5* 6-8
          15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
          10* GOY 1-0
          5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
          5* 18-12

Comment

The raider fans know this all too well. It is not just a quarterback problem, even though I think Geno Smith is not the answer, it's an organizational problem. Go back and look at the last 10 years of drafting by the Raiders and you will know why they stink so bad. It makes it really hard to be a fan of these teams are they making this horrible decision

Comment

Rex Ryan will make a great Defensive Coordinator for another team next year.

Comment

Working...
              X