Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Pulse : Question of the week. Talking NFL Trades.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pulse : Question of the week. Talking NFL Trades.

Nice job last week with some new faces getting involved.
    This weeks question revolves around NFL trade rumors.
    Let us know who you think has the best chance of being traded.

The suspects.
    Tony Gonzalez.
    Hakeem Nicks
    Maurice Jones Drew
    Kenny Britt
    Steven Jackson

Feel free to add anybody else you can think of.
    This is probably more of a discussion than question thread.
    But at the end of the day were looking for your opinion.
    So take the time to share it with us.

Kicking it off.
    This possible trade makes so much sense it might be stupid.
    Tony Gonzalez to the Chiefs.
    KC is sitting at 6-0 and could use a tight end. Everybody knows Gonzalez started there. So why not end it there.
    The Falcons might think they can mount a comeback. But it would be tough even if the entire roster was healthy.
    It's no secret Gonzalez came back this year to win a title.
    Falcons should do what they can to give him the best shot at it.

Team #2
    If not KC. Then how about a team like Seattle.
    Again he walks in the door and instantly upgrades the TE position.

Falcons get a draft pick. Tony gets a shot at a ring.

Comment

I completely agree with you on T. Gonzalez and the Chiefs. My wife (huge Chiefs fan) brought this up last week - it makes all kinds of sense for both teams. He is going to retire a Chief no matter what and he came back this year to win a Championship - he has NO chance with the Falcons, but the Chiefs would be exponentially better with Gonzalez. The Chiefs have NO RECEIVERS! Absolutely horrible pass catchers right now with no playmakers - Bowe is a joke. Smith also prefers to throw short to medium distance throws - Gonzo would be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMule View Post
        I completely agree with you on T. Gonzalez and the Chiefs. My wife (huge Chiefs fan) brought this up last week - it makes all kinds of sense for both teams. He is going to retire a Chief no matter what and he came back this year to win a Championship - he has NO chance with the Falcons, but the Chiefs would be exponentially better with Gonzalez. The Chiefs have NO RECEIVERS! Absolutely horrible pass catchers right now with no playmakers - Bowe is a joke. Smith also prefers to throw short to medium distance throws - Gonzo would be perfect.
        A friend of mine was saying the same thing.

He also thought the Lions should go after Kenny Britt.
        I have no problem with that move. But not at a rumored 3rd round pick.
        The guy has an attitude problem and is going to be a free agent.
        Since being a free agent next year doesn't motivate him. Not sure a trade will either.
        But risking a 5th or 6th round pick to find out is OK by me.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGame View Post
          A friend of mine was saying the same thing.

He also thought the Lions should go after Kenny Britt.
          I have no problem with that move. But not at a rumored 3rd round pick.
          The guy has an attitude problem and is going to be a free agent.
          Since being a free agent next year doesn't motivate him. Not sure a trade will either.
          But risking a 5th or 6th round pick to find out is OK by me.
          Yeah, no higher than a 6th round pick for me and I don't know how long or how much his contract is for - but I wouldn't agree to anything long-term. He's got serious issues (mentally) and he's missed quite a few games due to injury if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMule View Post
            Yeah, no higher than a 6th round pick for me and I don't know how long or how much his contract is for - but I wouldn't agree to anything long-term. He's got serious issues (mentally) and he's missed quite a few games due to injury if I'm not mistaken.
            He has been injury prone. I'm pretty sure he is on the last year of his deal this year.
            Long term signing ?
            I really think he would be hard pressed even with a big second half , landing better than a two year deal

Comment

Working...
            X