Michael Vick expects to start in '14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Vick expects to start in '14

Michael Vick said Tuesday he expects to be starting at quarterback somewhere in the NFL next season but is willing to return to the Philadelphia Eagles to back up Nick Foles if "all else fails."

Vick, who will turn 34 next June, opened this season as the Eagles' starter but injured his hamstring against the New York Giants on Oct. 6 and eventually lost the spot to Foles.
    Vick hasn't played a full season because of injuries since joining the Eagles in 2009, but he said he's not worried that will hurt his chances to find a starting job in 2014, saying he knows "at some point I'll be back out there."

"I don't worry about it," Vick said, according to CSNPhilly.com. "My skill set is still there, my arm is still there, my legs are still there, I'm still a playmaker, that's evident. I think at some point I'll be playing somewhere."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013...t-qb-team-2014

Re: Michael Vick expects to start in '14

When you see me say around the site have a pulse...Share your opinion.
    This is the perfect thread for something like that.
    No matter if you never handicapped a game.
    This thread only requires you to have bumped into a TV set, sports site or newspaper the last few years.

Here is my opinion.
    If I was his agent I would tell him to just quit it.
    Everybody around the NFL knows that this guy will never, ever complete an entire season again...
    Well except him.
    Guys like Mark Brunell, Matt Hasslebeck and a few others have extended their careers by facing reality.
    That reality is it's over as a starter.

When you look at teams that run the spread option and few more will join the club this year...
    What is the one thing all of them are missing ?
    Answer. A backup that can step in and run the same offense.
    Philly is going to stick with Foles for the foreseeable future.
    The last thing they want is some guy looking over his shoulder and thinking he should be the starter.
    So my guess is they probably draft or sign somebody who will embrace that role.

Look at Washington. If the rumors are true and Dan loves him some RGIII.
    Then Cousins needs to go. Otherwise every time he screws up. People will be clamoring for Cousins.
    Hell if RGIII is the guy for them. Then go all in and build an offense around him.
    Like trade Morris and go after a better pass catching option.
    Then secure a backup who can slide right in if needed. Now this is where a guy like Vick could step in.

If Vick could learn to embrace such a role. He becomes very attractive to numerous teams and probably extends his career.
    At least it extends longer then hanging onto the I'm a starter thought.

Now could Vick start for somebody in 2014 ?
    Of course he can. As long as teams need a QB and keep making poor choices when trying to fill that role.
    Then there is always an opening for him.
    Sure he might start for the Raiders or Jaguars. But that will be for a few weeks and he will be right back to sitting, watching and telling the world...
    I will start for somebody in 2015

Comment

Vick can't make it through an entire month without injury, let alone a full season. He's a backup now - accept it or you're out - it's as easy as that.

Comment

There are 32 teams that would take him as a backup. Shit swallow your pride. Enjoy the fact you even got a second chance in the league and accept your fate. Kyle Orton makes what $3-4 mil a year in Dallas as a backup? Game's probaby right when he says a team like Oak or Jax take a shot on him. Hell I could even Minnesota kick his tires. But it will be the same said story at years end.
        No, sir, I have no experience but I am a big fan of money. I like it, I use it, I have a little. I keep it in a jar on top of my refrigerator. Id like to put more in that jar. That is where you come in.

Comment

Originally posted by HOVA View Post
          There are 32 teams that would take him as a backup. Shit swallow your pride. Enjoy the fact you even got a second chance in the league and accept your fate. Kyle Orton makes what $3-4 mil a year in Dallas as a backup? Game's probaby right when he says a team like Oak or Jax take a shot on him. Hell I could even Minnesota kick his tires. But it will be the same said story at years end.
          You nailed it. There is some pretty decent money to be made wearing a baseball cap on the sidelines.
          I forgot to add Minnesota, but could see that. Say they hire the OC from Seattle and he needs time to find his guy.

Comment

Working...
          X