Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expanding the NFL playoffs is "under serious consideration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expanding the NFL playoffs is "under serious consideration.

Goodell wants more teams involved in the playoff hunt so that there are more compelling late-season games, leading to more tickets sold and higher television ratings. The expected proposal that owners will vote on in March will be to add one more Wild Card team in each conference. Under that scenario, only one team in each conference would get a bye while the six-game Wild Card weekend would pit the No. 2 seed vs. No. 7, No. 3 vs. No. 6 and No. 4 vs. No. 5. This year, the No. 7 seeds would have been the Cardinals in the NFC and the Steelers in the AFC.

Re: Expanding the NFL playoffs is "under serious consideration.

I like it.

Comment

Yeah, lets make it like hockey and the NBA where 80% of the teams make the playoffs. And put a team in Europe, how about Antarctica too??

Money won is twice as nice as money earned
      Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

Originally posted by captjoe388 View Post
        Yeah, lets make it like hockey and the NBA where 80% of the teams make the playoffs. And put a team in Europe, how about Antarctica too??

I feel the same way Capt!

Even thou it would have benefited my Steelers this year.First thing I thought of was Hockey.Next thing I thought of was they don't care about us...it's all about the money!!!
        2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
        5* 6-8
        15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
        10* GOY 1-0
        5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
        5* 18-12

Comment

I honestly think they would stop with this addition.
          Let's face it. Right now every game matters in a 16 game season.
          You put a system in place where teams with losing records make the playoff. Then you cheapen the product.
          I think adding two teams and the money involved is probably the same or more than expanding the schedule to 18 games.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGame View Post
            I honestly think they would stop with this addition.
            Let's face it. Right now every game matters in a 16 game season.
            You put a system in place where teams with losing records make the playoff. Then you cheapen the product.
            I think adding two teams and the money involved is probably the same or more than expanding the schedule to 18 games.
            I'd rather have an extra 2 weeks of "real" football vs. expanding the playoffs - if I had to make a choice.

BTW - after a brutal summer, I've been out fishing on my back dock the past few days in Sunny 77 degree weather. This is the time when Florida rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMule View Post
              I'd rather have an extra 2 weeks of "real" football vs. expanding the playoffs - if I had to make a choice.

BTW - after a brutal summer, I've been out fishing on my back dock the past few days in Sunny 77 degree weather. This is the time when Florida rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGame View Post

Comment

Working...
                X