NFL Draft Discussion Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NFL Draft Discussion Thread.

Now that's a angle ?... signing both being in same mold ?....
    Originally posted by TheGame View Post
    He has been linked to the Jets. But I think he could do well working with Peterson and a basic offense.
    With all the QB needy teams. It's safe to say he will be starting again.
    Maybe a team that is considering drafting Manziel should also consider signing Vick.
    If you get your offense working in concert with a mobile QB...Should have another one ready to back him up.

Comment

Originally posted by IceMan View Post
      Now that's a angle ?... signing both being in same mold ?....
      I think blocking for Vick is worlds apart from blocking for a pocket passer.
      So if you commit to a mobile QB. Then have backups with the same skill set.

Comment

How 'bout those Bungles, I mean Bengals... do they need another top round QB for the future? Is Andy Dalton the 2nd coming of Tony Romo?

If I was Mike Brown (douche bag), I'd get one of those 2nd tier qb's to push the ginger for the starting job. I believe A. Dalton is holding this team back. They're solid on both sides of the ball - other than his turnovers and inability to convert 3rd and longs by Dalton.

Comment

I like Bortles the most of all QB's in the draft... if I couldn't get him, then i'd wait for one of the 2nd tier guys - Garrappalo, LSU QB, or A. Murray - I'd be fine with any of those three as my potential QB of the future.

Comment

I don't think there is any QB worth taking in the top 10.
            Most of them have a better chance of getting you fired, than the executive of the year award.

Any team in the top 5 needing a QB should trade down or take somebody else.
            There are too many decent prospects you need to pass up to take one of these QB's

Comment

Originally posted by TheGame View Post
              I don't think there is any QB worth taking in the top 10.
              Most of them have a better chance of getting you fired, than the executive of the year award.

Any team in the top 5 needing a QB should trade down or take somebody else.
              There are too many decent prospects you need to pass up to take one of these QB's
              I agree completely.

Comment

An NFL executive told ESPN Redskins reporter John Keim that Kirk Cousins "at most" is worth a third-round pick.
                Speculation of a Cousins-to-Cleveland trade hasn't gone away deep into the pre-draft process, and may continue into Thursday based on Cousins' history with new Browns OC Kyle Shanahan.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen stated on NFL Insiders that the Rams' interest in Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel is "genuine."
                "I believe their interest is serious," added Mort. "There are people who believe they could take him at No. 2." There is increasing buzz surrounding St. Louis' volatile quarterback position, where with a $14.015 million salary, Sam Bradford is arguably the most overpaid player in football. Installing Manziel as their starter, and moving on from Bradford, would save the Rams roughly $7 million in immediate cap space while adding a dynamic dual-threat under center, building up the offense in division-rivals San Francisco and Seattle's likeness.

Comment

According to the Houston Chronicle, "word's spreading among media" in New York that the Jaguars will take Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel at No. 3.
                  Most pundits have the Jags targeting Buffalo OLB Khalil Mack or Clemson WR Sammy Watkins. But when your starting quarterback is Chad Henne, nothing can be ruled out. "Manziel would probably be the one guy you could plug in there sooner rather than later just because his style of play isn't going to change much from Year 1 to Year 2," GM Dave Caldwell said last week.

Sources tell NFL Network that LSU QB Zach Mettenberger has been red-flagged by several teams due to a back condition.
                  Mettenberger has Spondylolysis -- a stress fracture in one of his vertebrae that make up the spinal column. If the condition eventually weakens the bone too much, surgery may become necessary. It's not an immediate issue, but it's yet another concern on the big-armed pocket passer that's drawn some Joe Flacco comparisons. Mettenberger was already coming off a torn ACL and generated a diluted urine sample for his drug test at the Combine.

Comment

That NFC West is going to be the best division in football by far this year IMO. The Rams added arguably the best two lineman in the draft, on both sides of the ball yesterday in OT G. Robinson and DT A. Donald. Then Arizona added a phenomenal Safety (D. Buchannon) to an already loaded secondary.

All I can say is - I think a great strategy would be to bet the UNDER in every NFC West intra-division game next season. I think at the end of the season, you'd definitely be on the winning side. Ridiculous how good these four defenses are going to be in this division.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMule View Post
                      That NFC West is going to be the best division in football by far this year IMO. The Rams added arguably the best two lineman in the draft, on both sides of the ball yesterday in OT G. Robinson and DT A. Donald. Then Arizona added a phenomenal Safety (D. Buchannon) to an already loaded secondary.

All I can say is - I think a great strategy would be to bet the UNDER in every NFC West intra-division game next season. I think at the end of the season, you'd definitely be on the winning side. Ridiculous how good these four defenses are going to be in this division.
                      I was impressed with the West for sure. Also think the Packers landed a solid player from their spot.

The Lions however I think reached. Sure they need a pass catching tight end. But I felt they wanted Evans and Gilbert at that spot.
                      Probably was nobody willing to trade up either with them.

Day 2 the biggest question is do the Texans draft another Carr ?
                      Honestly you cant use his brother as an example. Since they put no line in front of him.
                      Ray Lewis made a great point last night. Teams draft a franchise player on one side of the ball...
                      Then proceed to ignore that side of the ball after that.

The Jags are a perfect example. You got your franchise QB. Now do you ignore the offense or. Do you go all in trying to strengthen that unit.
                      Same with the Texans. Do you say F a QB and continue to build up the defense. Then hope a decent one can be found in round 3 or 4

Comment

49ers acquired WR Stevie Johnson from the Bills in exchange for a 2015 fourth-round pick.

Comment

The Bills' GM doesn't seem very smart to me. He gives up two 1st round picks and a 4th for S. Watkins and now gives up one of the better WR's in the League for a 4th rd pick?!? Uh... glad I'm not a Bills fan.

Comment

Working...
                          X